Statement of Christian Faith
Rio International School is a diverse community that reflects a variety of Christian backgrounds and faith traditions. As such, we acknowledge, understand, value, and respect a diversity of opinions with regards to a variety of religious doctrines. However, as a united team of educators, we affirm and agree to uphold the following Biblical truths/tenants in our teaching and public interactions at Rio International School, we believe that:
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, infallible, reliable, relevant and applicable for our days.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally expressed in the persons of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God created and has maintained the entire universe and that He interferes in His Creation.
- We believe that all human beings were created in the image and likeness of God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Incarnate Word, both divine and human. We believe that he lived without sin, was crucified, died, resurrected and ascended to Heaven, where he intercedes with the Father on behalf of his people and that, one day, he will return.
- We believe that human beings were separated from God by the original and personal sin and need Salvation, a gift from God by His Grace, through regret of sin, recognition of Jesus’ sacrifice and acceptance of His Lordship over our lives.
- We believe that God guides, restores and sanctifies the saved, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us and that, as God’s people, we are called to walk following the example of Christ, by faith, prayer, Bible study, fellowship and love the next.
- We believe in the role of the Church in its multiple forms, and of Christian institutions such as Rio International School , to testify the Sovereignty and Grace of God, to share His Gospel and to spread faith in the Lord and Christian love through example, deeds and words, to all people and throughout the world.